Blue Line Pizza, Welcome to the Land of Dogs and Babies



Great. News. Burlingame just got a little less lame. 

For years I've lived in the just-outside-of-San Francisco baby mill, Burlingame California. While there’s something to be said for having a Dailey Method on every corner and a doggie day spa in my apartment building, there are times I wish I lived in the culinary cacophony that is the city of San Francisco.

I stole this from Yelp
That being said, a new restaurant, Blue Line Pizza, just opened up on the bustling street of Burlingame Avenue and it’s given me something to look forward to on Friday nights besides my week’s recordings of the Big Bang Theory. 

Brought to you by San Francisco’s Little Star Pizza, its baby sister Blue Line boasts a full bar, chic and cozy indoor and outdoor seating and a pleasantly inexperienced waitstaff from the local Burlingame High School (but I mean who cares, it’s Pizza. If those stoners at Village Host can get it, these USC-bound trust fund babies can too).

I went last weekend and had the following, which paired nicely with a pitcher of Scrimshaw pilsner…

SPICY CHICKEN WINGS
A pound of flavorful and fire spicy wings served with baby carrots & a creamy yet surprisingly tangy blue cheese dressing.

MIXED SALAD
Organic mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, red bells, red onions, gorgonzola cheese & chopped walnuts, tossed with a housemade vinaigrette dressing that screams your pizza is on the way.

THE CLASSIC
A thin crust pizza with Italian sausage, mushrooms, onions, green bells; the pizza was perfect from the sauce to the lean yet cooked yet not-too-crispy crust.

The Classic Thin crust--not to be missed. Also, that shirt is courtesy of Bianca DeRose, thanks B loveyoumeanit
So bored housewives of Burlingame, I invite you to slip out of your Lulus and into some distressed denim and a dangerous blazer to hit the new, B-game hostspot for a little slice of happiness. If you close your eyes while you chew the sounds of crying babies almost resembles the jingle of a homeless man’s stolen shopping cart. One day I’ll live in the city, until then, this is what you get. 

*Update! They totally allow dogs

Comments

Popular Posts